Mission-Vision-Values Discernment Process
A movement of discerning God's will today for the Village Church of tomorrow.
And he said to him, "If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here."
We are entering a season of discerning the next Mission, Vision, and Values of Village Church. Join with the church leadership and help saturate this process through prayer so we can discern God's will today for the Village Church of tomorrow.
- 2019: Assessment by interim pastor and congregation noting the need for a fresh articulation of Village Church's Mission-Vision-Values
- November 2019: Leadership retreat for brainstorming, prayer, and discussion
- 2020: Pastor David and Elders form a strategic discernment team to spearhead the church-wide process
- January 2020: All staff meeting for brainstorming, prayer, and discussion
- January 2020: Staff/Elder retreat for brainstorming, prayer, and discussion
- April 2020: Membership meeting update on the discernment process
- May 2020: Prayer and introductory meeting for the strategic discernment team
- June 2020: Discernment team meeting to discuss Values: Who We Are
- July 2020: All church prayer initiative begins for the discernment process
- August 2020: Two days of prayer and working to articulate Village Church's values
Mission-Vision-Values Prayer Initiative
Let's come together and cover this process in prayer. Write out a prayer(s) and submit it. All prayers submitted will be posted on the prayer walls at church.